Help conserve water
News From Diverse Power
With the threat of drought over so much of the country, it’s important to save water at home all year round, especially during a hot summer. You can conserve water and energy by changing just a few habits this summer:
- Wash full loads when you use clothes washers and dishwashers.
- Wash clothes and dishes after dark, when there’s less competition for energy from your neighbors.
- Replace older showerheads with low-flow models.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Save 200 gallons a month by turning water off while you brush teeth or shampoo hair.
- Use water from your fish tank or collect rainwater to water your plants.