Help Desk Technician
Reports to: IT Systems Engineer
Education and/or Experience:
• A 2-year degree or higher is desired in a computer systems related field and experience is strongly preferred but not required. A longer work history will be considered in lieu of degree
• Experience in PC configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance required
• Must be proficient working with Windows 10 in an administrative capacity and troubleshooting it and other mainstream corporate productivity software
• Networking experience with both wired and wireless systems preferred
Abilities and Skills:
We are seeking a self-motivated candidate that has a balance of technical skills and a strong desire to assist others. This position will provide technical support for hardware, software, applications and networking to Diverse Power Inc. Headquarters and the Pataula District Office as needed. The candidate should have the ability to develop strong interpersonal relationships throughout the company. This opportunity will provide exposure to a variety of technologies and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
• Be the primary contact for end user technical support for IT Help Desk operations. This will include Windows PCs, iPhones, iPads, printers and other various equipment.
• Assist the IT Systems Engineer in daily tasks, projects, and in a backup capacity
• Respond to internal and external inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems
• Assist in maintaining LAN network infrastructure
• Assist in maintaining company phone system and A/V equipment
• Identify and explore new technologies to improve overall IT capabilities
• Provide excellent internal customer service to all employees
• Perform any duties necessary for the benefit of the company
• Occasional work in heat, cold, humidity, wetness, and dust
• Must be able to lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers and peripherals
• Must be able to climb and work on a ladder
• Must be able to work with hand-tools, sometimes overhead
• Sitting for extended periods of time
• Must be able to work with a team and independently
• Must be capable of being certified to enter electric power substations
After an offer of employment has been made, a physical examination is required which will include drug testing.
How to Apply
Send us a complete Diverse Power Application and Self-Identification Form OR Email, FAX or mail your name, contact info and request to:
Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 160
LaGrange, GA 30241
Visit us at our office.
1400 South Davis Road
LaGrange, GA 30241
373 U. S. Hwy 82E
Cuthbert, GA 39840
Diverse Power is an Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action Employer