Comfortable, Safe, Convenient, Modern and Economical Homes
Diverse Power Incorporated’s consumer base consists of approximately 85% residential members with the remainder being made up of commercial and industrial members. For this reason our residential members are very important to the cooperative. Diverse Power makes every effort to ensure that these members’ homes provide a comfortable, safe, convenient, modern and economical place to live.
This effort is achieved through educating homeowners on how to evaluate an existing home that was not built to current energy standards and improve those features that will make the home more energy efficient and comfortable.
The focus of the program is on the thermal envelope and the major appliances. The thermal envelope is a key factor in how comfortable the home is and how well the home can be heated or cooled. The features of the thermal envelope that affect this are:
- Attic Ventilation
- Attic Insulation
- Wall Insulation
- Exterior Windows
- Exterior Doors
- Floor Insulation
- Foaming, Caulking and Weather-Stripping
The major appliances play a critical role in the comfort, convenience and efficiency of the home. Major consideration is given to the following:
- A high-efficiency electric heat pump that is properly sized and connected to well-designed, air-tight ductwork.
- A properly sized, high-efficiency electric water heater.
- A waste heat recovery unit.
- A high-efficiency, properly operating refrigerator or freezer, stove or oven, dishwasher, clothes washer, clothes dryer and well pump.
Diverse Power Incorporated can perform an energy audit on an existing home to determine whether the thermal envelope and major appliances comply with energy efficient construction standards. If measures must be taken to upgrade these features Diverse Power offers financing and incentives.